Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dream 1

An old sorority sister of mine, one I’m not close with but like and is a FB friend, has been hospitalized for throat cancer. She is at Northwestern. I get there to see her and she is in bed. It is a huge room with several beds.  Only her bed is up next to another patient sleeping in a purple sleeping bag. Her husband is there. Her son is hiding under the bed. Her daughter is there playing. Another little boy is there. I ask her if that is her son. She says no, she only had two kids. He is a random boy without a t-shirt on and he leaves.  She tells me she had a horrible miscarriage. I ask her if she is in the hospital for breast cancer. She says throat cancer, but it’s not bad. Then I go under the bed to say hi to her son and pull out a newborn baby. It seems as if the little boy had brought and left a newborn baby boy. The baby fits in one hand. I suggest we call a nurse. Everyone suggests later because they don’t want to be accused of stealing the baby. As I hold the baby, I seriously consider adopting it. As I’m holding the baby they tell me about how they got in trouble with the hospital for overusing the babysitting service for their two kids. I tell them that’s bullshit, that’s what it’s there for and 2 hours doesn’t seem like a long time. They said their doctor said it was too long. I said what business is it of a doctor how long you use the babysitting service. I hand my friend the baby and leave. I think about if I should adopt the baby. Then I go to another friend’s house. She is trying to find something funny on Youtube, but it’s been taking down. I go to pick up the phone to find out about the baby, and her husband is on the phone with his mother. I ask her what they are talking about and she says her mother in law’s poop is dinosaur shaped and it’s freaking her out.  I asked her if that included the feet, and she says no, and laughs. I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment